Wilko Retail Limited ("Wilko", "We" or "Us") is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy together with any documents referred to in it explains how we collect, store, use and otherwise process any personal information.
Wilko Retail Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with company number 0365335 and whose registered office is at JK House, Roebuck Way, Manton Wood, Worksop S80 3EG.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 Wilko is registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner's Office (registration number Z6046528).
How do we collect information?
Information about you may be:
- Provided to us by you;
- Collected directly by us;
- Received by us from Wilko branded sources and third parties managed by Wilko.
Information is collected through various sources including our website, in store, over the phone, by email, by written correspondence and also via other websites and services we provide. The information is gathered by a variety of means including:
- using our website;
- participating in live chat, discussion boards, or other social media functions we operate;
- registering and setting up an account with us;
- subscribing to our services and circulars;
- participating in our customer satisfaction surveys and any other services that we may offer from time to time;
- entering into our competitions;
- contacting us by any means (including making a complaint or reporting a problem to us).
What information do we collect?
The information we collect may include:
- Your name;
- Your contact details including email, address and/or phone number;
- Age or date of birth;
- Interests, feedback and survey responses;
- Correspondence - when you contact us either in writing or over the phone;
- Details of your transactions and of the fulfilment of your orders;
- Financial and/or payment card information;
- Details of your visits to our website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access; and
- Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting (please see our Cookies Policy for more information).
How do we use the information?
We may use the information in the following ways:
- To contact you via email, telephone, SMS, letter, social media, push notification or equivalent (where you have given us consent);
- To ensure that our website is personalised to your taste and that you are provided with the most suitable content;
- To provide or allow Wilko branded products (provided by third parties acting on behalf of Wilko) to provide you with information about other goods and services and to notify you of our offers, discounts, promotions, and competitions that are similar to those that you have previously purchased or enquired about;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts or transactions you enter into with us;
- To notify you about changes to our services;
- To maintain and administer our website and any registered account that you hold with us;
- Where you are approached or asked to participate in a market survey to undertake market research, assessment and analysis so that we can review, develop and improve the services that we offer to you and our other customers.
Where do we store the information?
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our site and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We may share your information with selected third parties:
- including any member of our group of companies and our third party suppliers who assist us in performing our services (such as our delivery companies, advertisers and market researchers);
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets (and where it is necessary to disclose your information);
- if Wilko or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party;
- including analytics and search engine providers that assist in the improvement and optimisation of our website (on an anonymised basis);
- including credit reference agencies if your credit score is a condition of entering a contract/transaction with you;
- including advertisers and advertising networks that require the information to select and serve relevant promotions, adverts and offers to you. We will not disclose information that will identify you to our advertisers, but we reserve the right to provide them with aggregate information about the collective users of our services (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the audience they want to target (for example, women in a certain location). We may make use of the information we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience; and
Our website uses small data files known as cookies ("Cookies") to collect information about the people that use our website. When you use the website, Cookies are transferred to and stored on your computer's hard drive. They collect personal information about you to enable us to record your preferences. This means we can provide you with a more personalised service including offering you goods and services that are more suitable to your taste, speeding up your searches, and recognising you when you return to our website.
For more information about Cookies please see our Cookies Policy.
We may contact you from time to time with offers and information we think you might find useful. If you would prefer not to receive any further correspondence or communications from us in the future please click the link at the bottom of any of our emails, update your account preferences or check certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your information. You can also contact Customer Care at any time to unsubscribe from our mailing list.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. Where possible, we will inform you (before collecting your information) if we intend to use your information for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your information. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting Customer Care.
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. You should be aware that if you follow a link to any of these websites they have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any information to these websites.
If you would like to know what information we have about you please contact Customer Care and make an access request. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 towards our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. You also have the right to request that inaccurate personal information is corrected, as well as that personal information is deleted and destroyed when causing damage or distress.
Wilko will not keep your personal information longer than is necessary in connection with our customer relationship.
Telephone: 08000 329 329
Address: Wilko Retail Ltd, JK House, Roebuck Way, Manton Wood, Worksop, Notts. S80 3EG