Choosing A Secure Password
When choosing a password there are some rules that can help keep your details safe.
- Do not use words that have personal significance.
- Mix letters, numbers and use case sensitivity (upper and lower case letters). e.g. instead of “password” try “pA55woRd”
- Find a way to remember your password. A good way to do this is to choose the first letters of a sentence that you will remember. e.g. "I like shopping at Wilko.com” would be: “IlsaW.c”
- Try to memorize the password and avoid writing it down.
- The longer the better. Don't make a password that's less than 6-8 characters.
- Do not use the same password for everything. If someone finds this password, they could get access to everything.